Tuesday 2 June 2020

Being a jerk and More Embassies

Most of you know that I can be a jerk if I want to.  Some might say I am a jerk, period.  Well, I don't have a problem being a jerk, when I choose to be.  But I think today I might have been a jerk by accident.

Three-quarters of the way through my walk today, I stopped at a traffic light.  A couple who was jogging also stopped.  The girl turned towards me and waved in my direction.  She smiled, and even took off her sunglasses.  And kept waving.  Now, she didn't say anything, so I wasn't sure if she was waving at me.  I didn't recognize her, so I didn't react.  Then the light changed, and they ran on.

As I thought about it, behind me was the canal, and the nearest building or person in that direction would have been two, three hundred feet away.  Who the fuck else could she be waving at?  Then she did seem rather familiar, though I couldn't be sure.  I THINK she's a fellow student and that we had spoken on occasion.  Actually if she was that person, she was one of the few that I actually liked!  Of course there's no way for me to be sure, but looking back, it seems I had simply ignored her.  She probably thinks I am a douche.

I blame her.  She could have said something!  Like, Ed!  But of course I also had my noise-cancelling earphones on so I probably wouldn't have heard anyway.  Oh well.  Bummer.

*********************************************

Well, let's continue with some more embassy pictures, shall we?  Here are some more random ones I came across.


This one is Armenia.  Really nice statue outside.  I have no idea what it is, but it looks impressive.  Location is right by the canal, too.  Quite scenic.



Here's Japan.  Large complex.  Very late-70s early 80s.  Wonder if they have ninjas guarding the compound?



The High Commission of Malaysia.  I'm actually surprised by its size.  Didn't think there would be large contingent here.  But maybe they do a lot of trade or something?



And here's Vietnam.  Right across from the Governor General's residence at Rideau Hall.  Very cool locale.

This has been quite fun.  Unfortunately I also realize that a great number of embassies are actually inside office towers and stuff.  And some are quite far out.  So I will only be able to take pictures of some.  This gives a purpose to my walks, though, and helps me to plot out my route and so on.  I hope you enjoy them!

Cheers.

2 comments:

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.