Sunday 21 June 2020

A little hot today

Like a fool, of course, I chose to go on my walk at 11.  On a day with a high of 33 Celcius (92F) it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.  But what the heck, eh?  You only live once.  And I am way more than half way to the worms anyhow.


An hour into my walk I came upon Ottawa's Chinatown.  Not a particularly huge section of town, but it does have its own gate thing (what do you call that anyway?).  All the restaurants are closed, of course, except for a few that are doing takeouts.  A couple of dim sum places offered take outs, and there were lines.



Continuing on from Chinatown, I went to Little Italy.  I have no idea what those are.  They look like bowling pins, but maybe not.  There's a football thing at the foot of the signage.  Pretty cool.  Funny thing, too.  The best sushi restaurant in Ottawa, in my opinion, is actually in Little Italy, and run by Koreans.



It was a very hard walk today.  With a full pack on, and two litres of water, it was tough going.  Two hours later, hope was in sight.  It's the UOttawa Law School!  I was only 20 minutes from home!  And I still had half a litre of water left!  Yay!  By that time I was ready to melt though.

I can feel a bad headache coming on.  Maybe it's heatstroke.  Haha.  Roasted Chunski today.  Hope I will be around for a next post.

4 comments:

  1. They look like an artists rendition of people Chung! Hope you did t die of heat stroke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry I didn't see your comment till now! Yeah, that's what people are telling me. I must be really keen on bowling :) Death wish on my part, maybe. The heat really does get to me sometimes though.

      Delete
  2. Try to take it easy. When I did landscaping, we weren't supposed to work outdoors when the temperature exceeded 90 F. And you were walking under load! I probably would have gone with an empty pack so I could haul food home from one of the dim sum places!

    ReplyDelete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.