Friday 31 May 2019

You never know who you run into

When I went to the gym this morning, I saw several unmarked black Suburbans and a few cop cars outside the hotel.  That itself is nothing unusual.  The hotel is right next to Parliament, and is a favourite haunt of visiting and domestic dignitaries.  I am no dignitary.  I just go to the gym there.

Anyway, in the gym, there were new signs posted saying not to pictures etc and to respect guest privacy.  The manager told me someone famous might be coming to use the gym.  Oh well.  Maybe some celebrity?  Who knows, right?

So there I was, fifteen minutes into my workout, when the sidedoor opened and in came this famous person.  Along with five or six big guys with earphones and black suits.

It was Obama.

I did respect his privacy.  I didn't take his picture or shake his hand.  But I was not two feet from him, and we exchanged a smile and a nod.  And a hand to the heart gesture from yours truly.

So I can tell people I worked out with Obama for half an hour!  

One of the interesting things about living in a nation's capital.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. Must be a pretty posh hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they let me in, how posh could it be? Hahah!

      Delete
  3. This is so cool. Must be a pretty posh hotel.

    ReplyDelete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.