Wednesday 22 May 2019

Don't mean to scare you

In history class, I was reminded of the nuclear tests that took place in the 50s.  Most famous of all was the Bikini atoll blasts (that's where the name "bikinis" came from, btw), and the "Castle Bravo" test that was a total miscalculation.

Anyway, I always wondered what happened to all that nuclear waste from the blasts.  Lo and behold, here's a story in today's news.  Nuclear Dome Cracking

Do read the story.  It's scary shit.  And a half life of 24000 years?  Fuck.  With rising water levels and heightened storms due to climate change, I think we are doomed.  Hopefully, not until after I'm gone.  I really rather not have to deal with zombies....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.