Tuesday 19 May 2020

Time to pick courses again

My date to register for courses in Fall and Winter is a week from today.  So soon already!

Because of credits they gave me, I can, if I choose to, take eight courses in the coming academic year and graduate in May of 2021.

What I'll do after that is something still on my mind, and something I have written about before.  At this point, I think my two top choices are either an MA in sociology, or a Bachelor of Social Science.  Anyway, I don't have to decide now, and I think I'll sit on that one for a little bit.  If any of you wants to share your thoughts, please send me a comment.  I'd love to hear what you think I should do.

Back to course selection.  There are so many things I want to take.  Isn't it wonderful that there's so much knowledge out there to be learned?  Seriously.  And now I have the time to do it, it's a real gift.  Well, sometimes writing exams and term papers get a bit much, but they actually help to internalize the learning.  It's all good.

Since I only need eight more courses to graduate, I think four per semester.  But there are so many things to choose from!  Here are my tentative choices for each semester.  A lot of them.  Let me know what you think.  I mean it.  I'd love to hear from you!

FALL:

Greek Mythology
General Public law
Roman Republic
US History 1750-1877
Europe 16-18 Century
The Vietnam Wars
The Cold War
The 1st World War
Sociology of Food and Eating
Social Psychology
Canadian Politics
International Relations



WINTER:

Anthropology of popular culture
Early Roman Empire
Europe 20th Century
FDR presidency
WW2
Sociology of work and organization
The World of Languages
Legal Theory and Social Sciences
Canadian Politics and/or International Relations (if I don't take them in Fall)


Knowing me, what do you think I should take?
Oh, and notice how I didn't include Principles of Marketing there?



Look forward to hearing from any of you!

2 comments:

  1. So many great course choices Chung! Can’t wait to hear about what you select and what type of bachelors you pursue next! Remember to stretch after all those adventures your taking around the city! Stay healthy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Sir. I get so soaked after my walks that I have to shower BEFORE I stretch! That's how bad things get :)

      Delete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.