Friday 23 November 2018

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Girl commented in class:  "I hate capitalism."

Fair enough.  I might not go so far as to say "hate," but those of you who know me know I'm not a huge fan of it either.  Capitalism, unbridled, certainly causes a lot of harm.

I'm all for free speech, but only if the speech in question is hypocritical and uninformed.  Take this woman who espouses hatred towards capitalism, for example.

She wears a $1,000 Canada Goose down jacket.  Before she spoke up, she was talking to her friend about some spa over on the other side of town, where one could get a day pass and enjoy all the luxuries of a "nordic" experience.

Just goes to show that a university education does not obviate nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.