Sunday 23 August 2020

Remember this plant?

During my first semester here, I got a little plant when I went to a Parks Canada event.  If you were reading my blog back in the fall of 2018, you might remember.  Here's what the plant looked like then.


BTW, I still have no idea what the plant actually is...

Anyway, after almost two years, this is what the plant looks like today.



Yeah, I had to repot it last year because it had grown so much, and as it was getting too tall, I ended up getting stakes too so that it wouldn't break.  Hope it doesn't grow any taller.  Or bigger.

If only it would bear some money...

Thinking about planting a herb thing, just for fun.  We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a golden pathos or a northern cousin of that plant. You may do well putting it in a larger plant and letting it grow downward as they get “viney”. I had one of these at my previous apartment and you have to watch if it gets near trim or the wall as it’ll shoot spindles out to attach itself. Mine produced vines that when I would trim it we’re as tall as me! You’re in Canada, what kind of herbs will you grow?? 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy Cow! That's all I need, a monster plant! I am really surprised that it has got as big as it has, from such a tiny thing. Too bad there's no flowers. Letting it grow downward is a good idea, but attaching itself to things? OMG! Like a horror flick!
      Same kinds of herbs, Blue. I got a few pots of rosemary going, and will be adding a basil and some italian parsley. Just something to add some extra to the apartment, especially since I have a lot of sun through the window. Will post pics once I got the herbs all planted.

      Delete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.