Saturday 22 February 2020

Glad it's done

Today was LSAT day.  Kind of silly for me to write the test, since it's rather unlikely that I would spend 20K a year on law school tuition for a hobby.  Anyway, it was an interesting experience.  Don't know how I did, but probably not that great.  It's hard to do a test for several hours without a constant cup of coffee by my side.  Oh well.

I was surprised that there were so few people writing the test.  I counted only seven of us.  When I first got to the test centre, I was shocked to see a huge crowd of people waiting.  It turned out that there was a different test being done today (in a different room) at the same centre.  When they called the LSAT people in, only seven were there.  It's all electronic now.  We were given tablets, so if I had only prepped using pencil and paper exercises, I'd be lost.  Thankfully I read the instructions ahead of time, and at least did some practice on a computer.

Interesting that a lot of folks don't read the instructions before hand.  Some brought water bottles in that were prohibited, so they had to leave them outside.  Some signed their forms before the test, and so had to sign them again.  Thankfully, because there were so few of us, it didn't take long to sort things out.

The scores won't come out for another month or so.  In the meantime we're supposed to set up to do the writing portion (unmarked) using a computer.  The requirements are insanely cumbersome, which makes me wonder why they don't just have us write the fucker at the test.  Chances are I won't bother with that, since I am not applying to any schools.  As long as I can find out how I did on the standardized part, and hopefully I accomplish my goals (i.e. to beat my son's score), I'm happy never to see LSAT again.

Wish me luck!

*************************************

So ends the LSAT chapter, I hope.  Now I have to focus on regular school stuff.  Like the midterm coming up this week, and the bunch of papers and projects that are coming up shortly after.  Back to work, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.