Friday 10 January 2020

Done with First Week

Well, first week is over.

I decided to drop the British Empire history class, on account of several things.  First, scheduling is not the best, and this class leaves a large gap between it and the next class.  Also, it makes Wednesdays a very long day, and at my age I need more rest!  Second, I hate the building the class is in.  And third, the professor who I'm sure is brilliant, had actually introduced himself on day 1 as Dr. Connors.  Not my cup of tea.

That's settled then.  Now I'm down to four and I can't go back and make more changes.  Let's hope I don't regret this :)

I got the official grades of three of my courses from last semester.  And the fourth one (I dropped one last term as well) has posted all the component grades, so I am pretty confident what the overall is for it.  Looks like it will be 10.0 semester for me.  All A+!  Yay!  For the first time in my life!  And probably the only time!  I got lucky too.  I am sure mathematically I didn't get an A+ in a couple of those courses.  Maybe they curved it, I don't know.  One prof (the one in popular culture and society) actually told me that mine was the only A+ in the class!  Haha, I am grateful.  I don't think it will ever happen again.

Got this very old prof in my demography class.  I have no idea as to his age, but he looks like he's 15 years older than me.  And acts like it too.  He seems like a knowledgeable and kind gentleman, but so slow and oftentimes he loses track of what he's saying... Is that where I'm headed?

In my classical sociological theory class today, a student in the back said "I'm older and I've seen a lot of things.  So I can see..."  I almost choked.  It's all relative, isn't it?

OK, time to rest my weary bones.  Tomorrow is my volunteer day.  Will see what duty they assign me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.