Saturday 16 November 2019

Heard on the Street

A:  You look so stressed.  Are you ok?

B:   Yeah, I'm going nuts.  So many papers due next week.

A:   Oh, how are they coming along?

B:   Haven't started.

A:   Oh.

B:   That's why I like profs who are ok with giving extensions.

A:    But you knew the deadline since September 6?

B:   Yeah, I can't work till the last minute.

A:   Right.

************************************

Prof:  So traditionally, in schooling, there are schools that cater to the working class, the middle class, the professionals, and the elites.  Four major categories.  Can you relate to this model from your own experience?

A:  Well, where I was from, all the schools were the same.

B:  I went to an IB school, so I guess that's for elites.

C:  Swearing under his breath.

Prof:  So you think IB schools fit into the elite category?  As in it's where the elites of society send their kids?

B:  I think so, because those are so much better than other schools.

C:  Deep sigh.  More swearing inside.

Prof:  I see.  That's very interesting.

A:  I think the elites send their kids to French Immersion school.

C:  Rolls his eyes.

B:  Well, only if they are IB.

C:  starts checking his emails on the phone

****************************************

End of class.  Student A approaches the prof.

A:  So, about that paper due next Friday.

Prof looks up:  yeah?  How's that coming along?

A:  Can I email you my idea some time and see what you think?

Prof:  It's due next week.

A:  Yeah, about that...  Can we work something out, like getting an extension or something?

Prof:  Why?  What's wrong?

A:  Just been busy, you know.

Prof:  Why wait till now to start it?

A:  (mumbling something)

C was out the door at this point.

**********************************************

Day of a midterm.

A:  Man, there's so much material.

B:  Yeah, and we're supposed to know what he talked about in class?

A:  Like we're supposed to take notes or something.  Like, we have to come to class?

D:  Yeah, like, the book is so long too!  

A:  What book?

B:  The textbook?  Oh, I didn't even get that.

D:  You don't have the textbook?

A:  Me neither.  

D:  Well, there's like 200 pages to read for this.

B:  And lecture notes.

A:  How are we supposed to know all this?

C:  rolling his eyes.

****************************************

In history class.  Prof always starts the class by noting what other important things happened on this day in history.

A:  I hate this shit.

B:  what?

A:  this day in history shit.

B:  oh?

A:  what does this have to do with anything?

B:  it's a history class, right?

C:  choking on his Diet Coke.

*********************************************

A:  I don't like the way the government is handling this issue.

B:  Did you vote in the election?

A:  No.

B:  Why not?

A:  I just didn't like it.

B:  And you're not happy with the government.

A:  Yeah, I think we need a change.

B:  But you didn't vote.

A:  Nah, it's my right not to.

******************************************

2 comments:

  1. 😂😂 this is gold and also a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.