Friday 25 January 2019

Well Screw You, Too!

After much deliberation, I decided to drop a Sociology of the Family class.  Since this is the end of the third week of classes, and it's a bit late to take another one, I am stuck with just four this semester.  Still FT, but it sucks that I am not taking the max number of courses.

Why did I drop the class?

I am interested in the subject matter.  Based on what I saw so far, I had little doubt of an A.  AND, I had already finished the term paper that's due March 12.

But I can't stand the prof.

Or, more precisely, she can't stand me.  Or any other men for that matter.  I think she has a lot of baggage, and misandry is definitely in the air that she breathes.

I sat through five lectures and every time I kept asking myself why I was there.  I could skip class, but she also gave random in-class assignments that are graded.  So damned if I do, damned if I don't, eh?

So I figured, well, I don't need this credit.  I don't need this course.  I am not in sociology.  And I certainly don't need this shit.

Today being the drop deadline, I dropped the damn class.  The only unfortunate bit of that is that I won't have a chance to trash her on her teaching evaluations.  Yeah, and of course my term paper is wasted (but as you well know, in business we call that SUNK COST, eh?).

*************************

On a different note, this freezing and thawing weather this winter has been horrific.  One day it's -25, and the next it's 20 degrees warmer.  So snow melts, forms puddles everywhere, and freezes back into a fucking hockey rink.  Makes walking very treacherous.  So do be careful as you navigate the winter roads.

And now we're heading back into the cold.  From a high of zero Celcius yesterday we are getting a low of -22 today and -18 tomorrow.  Here we go again!

Stay warm if you're in cold climes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.