Friday 17 June 2022

SUMMER READING

I don't think I'm getting OLD, but some of my earliest memories is the mid-life crisis...

 

Finally I have kind of settled into a summer routine.  Since I'm not taking courses in the summer, I'm doing my usual edX online courses (which I audit) for fun.  And, again, decide to start a summer reading plan.  Now, I KNOW for sure I won't get to complete the list this summer, but it doesn't hurt to have an ambitious plan nonetheless.  Are you interested to know what the list is?

Here we go:

Re-read 1984.  (done)

The Swerve: how the world became modern, by Stephen Greenblatt.  (done)

The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve, by Stephen Greenblatt.  (done)

Marvelous Possessions, by Stephen Greenblatt.  (just starting)

(btw, do you get a sense that I am big Greenblatt fan?)

Around the World in 80 Books, by David Damrosch.

Lectures on Shakespeare, by W. H. Auden.

The Age of Anxiety, by W. H. Auden.

Dishonesty is the Second Best Policy, by David Mitchell.

Klara and the Sun, by Kazuo Ishiguro.


Let's see how many I get done by summer's end.  Not even half, that would be my guess...

And what about you, dear reader.  What are you up to this summer?  Wanna share your plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.