Tuesday 22 October 2019

TWO DOWN, TWO TO GO

Had one midterm about 10 days ago, and finished another one today.  Two more tomorrow.  Then a bit of respite before another one in a few weeks.  So now I can focus on my papers.

First, the one I did a while back.  Did fine on it.  Only question I missed was the one my mind drew a blank on.  Remember I posted that a few days ago?  Anyway, the TA had a sense of humour, I think.  I guessed an answer, and he wrote (so close) on it.  Funny guy.  



The one today was the one I worried about.  Before the exam, some students (me included) were talking about how bad it was going to be.  So I guess I wasn't the only one concerned.  Not having seen the test at that point, my take on the comments was that most had either not come to every class (or paid attention), and some had not read the text (blame the prof, he said it was not MANDATORY).  Anyway, the test was not easy, but it wasn't that bad.  I think I did okay.  How well, I don't know, because essay questions are hard to gauge.  I'm hoping for an A, but we shall see.

So two more tomorrow.  Guess what I'll be doing the rest of the day today?

Got my term paper proposal back.  The TA said on the one hand, the topic was too broad, and then he said it was too narrow.  OK, make up your mind there!  That's why I ain't starting that till I see him next week.  Only got an A- on the proposal, which kind of ticked me off.  But I'm fine with that.  I'm counting on other courses to help improve the GPA.  If I can get anything in the A range on this course (19th century Europe), I'm not complaining.

On a different note, the Liberals won last night.  Well, it's a minority government, but at least we don't have that Scheer guy who looks like Pillsbury doughboy.

OK, back to studies.  Hell, maybe I'll mop the floor for relaxation before diving into the books again.

Ta Ta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.