Wednesday 17 October 2018

Happy thoughts and Not so happy thoughts


Happy

On my way to campus this morning, a bus raced by.  Some distance behind, a girl, laden with a big backpack, struggled to run to the bus stop a good 500 ft away.

Run, run, I said under my breath.  Didn't think she would get there.

But the bus waited for her!  She's probably in even worse shape than me.  The 500 ft took her a while.  But the bus waited patiently for her.

It gave me a warm feeling that there are still nice people out there.

Not So Happy

It's hard to be among these kids.  Here are some things I would LOVE to say to them.

You don't begin a sentence with So for no reason.  The word is not a filler.

Why do you raise the last syllable if you're not asking a question?

Don't waltz into class half a fucking hour late.

Why say LIKE 15 times in one short sentence?  You are literate.  Show it.

Stop shaking your fucking leg.

It is would HAVE, not would of!

Lose those damn phones already.  Especially when you are driving or walking!  Fuck!

3 comments:

  1. Dying at these last two posts Chung! Both are like, so spot on! Stay patient, but give the TA a piece of your mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The joy of being a first year undergrad! Oh boy!

      Delete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.