Sunday 21 August 2022

Manhole Covers

Well, perhaps manhole is not right word these days, but that's the term I grew up with.  Anyway, on my walk today I noticed how different manhole covers have different looks.  And for want of something more interesting to share with you, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of an underappreciated aspect of Ottawa -- its manhole cover designs.

Here goes.  You can guess what each one is for, so I will just let the pictures speak for themselves!









See what your city/town does on its manhole covers.  They tell quite an interesting tale, I think.

Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I did not realize they varied like this. How is life/school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well. At least as well as I can reasonably expect. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  2. Interesting what you find when you take a closer look at seemingly mundane things

    ReplyDelete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.