Friday 19 March 2021

Life After BA and Random Stuff

Some of you know that I will be pursuing an MA in sociology in the fall.  I guess either I will close down the blog, or rename it or something.  No matter.

Typically I go to Baltimore when school's out, but with the border closed and Covid still a thing, I don't know what summer will be like.  So I decided to sign up for a random course for fun.  It's online anyway, so even if I go back to Baltimore, I can continue with it.

It's Oceanography.

You may wonder why on earth I am doing that.  Well, a picture paints a thousand words, as they say.

(Expired) Disney's The Little Mermaid | Happening @ Michigan

With my luck, instead of a mermaid, I might find these folks


Trust, Ownership, and Vision: Necessary for High Performance 

 

Anyway, course starts May some time.  So we shall see.

 

********************************

A somewhat different note.  On my daily walks I notice that most people swing their arms when they walk, especially if they are going at a good pace.  Most, I believe, swing their arms up and down.  You know, like they do when soldiers march?  But I see some people swing their arms sideways.  I mean, left to right instead of up and down.  Their arms are in front of them, and they go left and right.  Very interesting.  Not sure why or if it's even a thing.  I also notice that certain types of people are more likely to do that.  But in these days of political correctness, I shall not mention what type I am referring to.  If you observe the same, drop me a note.  Maybe I am just imagining things. Or maybe not.

********************************

So what's with this Anti-Asian hate attacks taking place, often against lone old ladies or old guys.  Seriously.  Did you read about that 76-year old woman who was punched in the face in San Francisco?  She ended up beating the attacker unconscious.  The guy had to be carted off by stretcher when the cops came.  Good for her.  But seriously, couldn't these people pick on someone their own size and age if they are so fucking brave?  Anyway, in case you miss the story, here's the link.

 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56453806

You can even see the attacker being carted off on a stretcher.  Fucking shithead.

**********************************

To my faithful readers -- by that I mean all three of you -- stay safe, stay happy.  And chill!

2 comments:

  1. Have never seen the left to right arm swing, wonder if there’s something health / heart wise that it does. Weird though for sure.

    I’m sure you’ll come up with a witty blog name for the faithful 5 out there haha. Enjoy yourself and stay safe Ed!

    ReplyDelete

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.