Monday 9 November 2020

The Dental Saga Continues

This morning, in consultation with my dentist, I decided not to do the root canal after all.  Instead, we will remove the old bridge and extract the problem tooth.  And then deal with the gap afterwards.  Apparently the root canal might not totally solve the problem which can resurface and bite me (pardon the pun).  Plus, the bridge costs thousands...  Now that I am a poor student...

On a side note, my student health plan (via the student union) actually gives me BETTER prescription drug and dental and vision benefits than I got from Blue Cross via Etown.  Pretty damn amazing.  Yet another reason to be a student forever!

So anyway, this Thursday, instead of a root canal, I will go and have the old bridge removed (part of it anyway).  And then at a later visit (to be scheduled) I will go in and have the tooth extracted.  The good thing is it reduces the impact this has on me this week, when I face two midterms.  So, back to studying now.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chunski welcomes KIND comments. Just say nice things. Otherwise, I will find you and sit on you.